Thursday, November 6, 2008

She's HERE!

Riess has arrived!
7 pounds, 11 ounces
19.5 inches... and PERFECT!




By now, most everyone has heard the story.  I apologize for being late posting to the blog, but it has been one crazy week, as you can imagine!
First of all, as I had predicted, my water broke while Chris was out of town.  Around 11pm Tuesday night, Oct.28, I woke up to a little trickle and rushed to the bathroom.  I wasn't really sure what it was at first, but I soon figured it out that wasn't it!  I called Chris in GREEN BAY.  Luckily, we had a plan in place.  Our great friends Chris and Jennifer Mayer were "on call" while Chris was away.  Chris Mayer was soon at my front door to take me to the hospital!



One 8 hour drive in a rental car by Chris and 18 hours in the hospital bed by me and we had our little girl.  Jane Riess arrived at 5:55pm Wednesday, Oct.29th.
       

We left the hospital on Halloween!  What a special treat for us this holiday!  We'll never forget this one!
 Here's Riess in her first car ride!


  Then we were home!  We have been back at home for a full week now and things are just calming down enough for me to get on the computer and post some pictures!  We have been very fortunate to have family staying with us and helping.  Tonight, in fact, will be our first night "on our own!"  So far so good....

  Is this the sweetest thing you've ever seen, or WHAT?!  We are thrilled she is here!!!  Stay tuned for more pictures!!  (I promise not so long between photos!)









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey and Chris Congratulations Reiss is absolutly b e a t i f u l! So happy for you guys! Cant wait to meet the sweet Starks Baby! That face is precious- cant get enough- put up tons more pics please! Love, Emily I. Smith

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this is the first time I've seen your blog...embarassing, but it is great! I've gone back and read all the posts and I enjoyed it. Riess is precious, her nursery is quite adorable, and our family can't wait to meet Riess!!! Love you! Katie

Anonymous said...

Congrats you three! Brooke, Reagan, Caroline, Baby#3 are so happy for you. I wish I would have found this blog sooner but better late than never. I look forward to reading how it goes in the future.

Boomer