Friday, December 5, 2008

A LOT to give thanks for...

We made the trip to Owensboro for the week of Thanksgiving.  It was a wonderful time to see friends and family and share baby Riess with everyone.  We certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year!!!

I was MOST thankful for the help I got while at home!  My mom ("Mamie") fed Riess for her 2am feeding the first two nights so Chris and I got to sleep a full 6 hours!!!  It was wonderful to catch up on our sleep.  And I think mom enjoyed her time with Riess in her room.



Riess also met Paisley for the first time -- she's Brooke's new daughter.. born Nov.18.  She was 8 lbs, 14 ounces so she is already much bigger than Riess.  What a cutie!

  "Paisley and Riess"

Now there's only one of us left to go!  Courtney is due Dec.18!

  

Riess is getting bigger, though!  She had a doctor's appointment this week and she is now 8 lbs, 1 ounce.  She is 20 inches long.  That means she is only in the 10th percentile for weight and height.  The doctor says that's completely normal given her ...ahem, genes.... that would be from the 5-footer, mom.  She can curse me later.  She's just a petite little thing like momma!



I also took on the task of taking some pictures of Riess for our Christmas card.  What a hoot that was!  I took nearly 100 pictures.... about 3 of them are usable!  I have a whole new respect for those people who take pictures of babies for a living.  It certainly is not easy.  Here are a few of my favorites...

Hilarious!!!!!

                 
But there were a few good ones....  AWWWWWW!

No comments: