Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hanging in there!

Just a few short weeks to go before we meet Riess. She is doing just fine and has been very active lately. I'm counting on her not showing up until her due date, since I still don't have her nursery finished! Don't worry, though, it is getting there! Chris and I will be putting some of the finishing touches on it today.
I've been washing all of her bedding, clothes and socks this week. I have found I LOVE the smell of Dreft! It smells just like a sweet baby. I think I may start using it for some of my own laundry! But folding her tiny clothes and socks make me super excited to see her in them. She already has quite a wardrobe, thanks to all of her loving friends and family (and a few things from mom.... okay, it's hard to resist!)
I am now seeing the doctor once a week, so each Monday I will be in the doctor's office for an update. He says he should be able to give me a "good idea" if I should be on "standby" that week or not. This is good... especially for Chris, who I'm still worried will be stuck in an airport in Green Bay when our precious little one arrives.
As soon as I know, I will let you all know. And those nursery pictures are coming soon! By the way, the rug in the room is super comfy and Guinness has decided it is there solely for his sleeping pleasure. He loves it and I've found him sleeping in there on several occasions without anyone else in the room. We'll see how that goes over when there is a screaming baby sharing "his" room...
Soon enough!

No comments: