Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ONE MONTH TO GO!


Well, I had no idea I had so many fans of my blog until I got a little lazy with my writing!  I have heard from lots of you about getting back on the ball and writing.  I'll admit, I haven't had much time to write lately, so here's a BIG update.

So first up, here's the latest belly picture.  And this was about a month ago!

We are exactly one month away from my due date now.  Hard to believe! 
Yesterday, Chris and I went to my 36-week checkup.  That's where we had another ultrasound and an exam.  We found out that "little" Jane Riess can now go by "big" Jane Riess... she is already weighing in at 6 pounds and 8 ounces!!  No doubt, she will be a big, healthy girl!

We also found out I am not yet dilated, which is good.  And it looks like I'm right on target to deliver fairly close to my due date (as of now.  Of course, that could change!)  

A good thing she's not coming too soon, because the second thing everyone wants to know about is the NURSERY.

No, I'm not finished with it.  And yes, I'm working on it!

Here are pictures I took of the "before:"
See, this was our bedroom.  We had to move our things out of there, and move to the bedroom next door.  Now, trust me... this isn't what it looks like today.  It's really shaping up now, but I'm going to wait to post those pictures when it is finally finished.  So, stay tuned!!!!  

Chris painted the room the weekend before last and this weekend, we put together all of the furniture.  So, it's getting there!  It looks great. 

And that brings me to a big thank you... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... to all of you who were able to come to my baby showers.  I would certainly not have nearly enough cute, cuddly, and practical things to put in that nursery if it weren't for you all.  For those of you who sent gifts but weren't able to make it, we missed you and I so appreciate you thinking of us.  I had three wonderful showers ... and came home with more than I ever imagined for Miss Riess.  She is a lucky girl, as am I, to have friends and family like you all.  

 Keep posting comments.  I love reading them.  And I promise I'll be posting more soon!  This is all just leading up to the main attraction... she'll be here in about 30 days!










No comments: