Friday, July 18, 2008

Pregnancy Brain

So here's a good one for you...
You know how they say your brain gets mushy when you're pregnant? Well, if you haven't heard of it, they call it "pregnancy brain." The mix of hormones and growing an EXTRA brain really takes away from what you ever had to begin with.
So, I've definitely noticed this in my own situation, but today's showing really takes the cake.
Today at work I'm wearing one of the (very cute, by the way) maternity dresses that my sweet mom bought for me while she was in town. (Thanks mom!!)
Of course I'm late to my morning meeting... rushing in, take a seat at the conference table... pitch my stories, contribute to the meeting, etc.
I'm getting up to leave as the meeting is dismissed. A fellow reporter says, "Kelsey, you've got something attached to your dress..." pointing to the bottom of the frock.
I look down -- a piece of paper. What could it be?? Wait, it's sewn on... wait, that's the TAG! Wait, is my DRESS ON INSIDE-OUT??!
Yes. Yes it is.
I burst out laughing and realize my entire dress is on inside out. Seams out, tags out (not to mention I do still have on the price tag hanging off the back as well).
I rush to the bathroom, do the 'ole switch-a-roo and try to hold my head up as a professional woman for the rest of the day.
Secretly, I know I'm only one change of clothes away from being certifiably crazy.
And you know what? I even looked in the mirror before I left today!
Oh, baby....

2 comments:

Friday After 5 said...

Kelsey,

I wish I could have used that excuse when I left the conditioner in my hair before we went to the hospital to welcome you. A great story for Jane Riess! Dad

Waller11 said...

Well, now you have me worried that I might be pregnant if those are the symptoms...
Kirk's comment made me realize that I was unaware of the little one's full name, Jane Riess Starks. I thought I had done a sufficient job at warning/begging all potential parents to protect their children from the life-long "I go by my middle name" torture that I have endured. As soon as you think all is good, another first-day-of-school-roll-call comes around and mass confusion and laughter ensues. But, in this case, I am fully supportive, as it will provide cuzuncle Graham an endless opportunity to provide insightful advice and guidance to the young one. By the way, "cuzuncle" is soon to be a licensed copyright of JGMiller Inc and will be featured throughout the years in an upcoming "World's Greatest" tshirt line. The product line is in pre-production for the XS and XXS sizes, but likely to expand soon.
-J"G"M