Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another Doctor's Visit

Today I (we) made another trip to the doctor's office.  Baby Riess is doing just GREAT.  Her heartbeat is strong and loud.  I had to take a test at this appointment for gestational diabetes.  I find out in three weeks how that pans out.  I'm sure it's fine, since I feel great!

He also said that I've gained 19 pounds so far... and I am a little behind in the weight gain aspect.  He says you should gain about a pound for every week you're pregnant.  I'm now 27 weeks pregnant.  But when he said I could "stand to gain a little weight"... I thought, ARE YOU KIDDING?!  I feel like I'm a whale already!  

Chris is right on track with his "baby weight" gain.  It might have something to do with the fact that you can find both of us at Graeter's Ice Cream nearly every weekend evening.

We both have our "baby bellies..."  But I think I'm quickly surpassing him:

                  

I had this Sunday off and I went home to spend some R&R time at my mom's house at the pool.  I had a great time with all my girlfriends... we hung out by the pool and had a lot of baby talk!  I can't believe that this time next year, we'll have THREE baby girls playing in the pool together.  Hard to believe.  

Our time between doctor's appointments is just three weeks now.  I go back August 26th for my next check-up.  

We also begin our prenatal classes next week -- that should be interesting!  I know Chris and I have a lot to learn before baby arrives!  

More pictures of my visit home soon...




1 comment:

chelseascott13 said...

Kelsey....your blogs are so funny!! I can't wait to meet her. I sent you an email. Dinner soon.
Chelsea