Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sicky Sicky

It's been a rough couple of days for us here.  Turns out, we did come down with something awful.  Doctor says it may be strep throat, we are waiting for the test results to come back.  I was nervous about the antibiotics she gave me to take, but all my doctors say it's fine.  Today, I'm finally feeling well enough to get out of bed for the first time in a few days.
Good thing, since I had an appointment at the baby doctor today.  All is well with baby Riess.  She's about 3 pounds now - right on track.  I, on the other hand, have already gained 25!  I got to hear her healthy heartbeat again.  The doctor reiterated that the antibiotics are fine for me to take.  She's still kicking a chorus line.
I'm still pretty tired and the throat is still very sore.  Definitely starting to get better now.
We had to skip our birthing class last night (Chris was SO disappointed, as you can imagine.... *wink, wink*).  I didn't feel well enough to go and I didn't want to pass this along to any of the other pregnant ladies there.
So, I'm starting to feel better -- I just hope I'm all better in time for the UK-UofL game this weekend!  Lacey and Kristi are both visiting for the weekend.  Lacey and Greg are staying with us for a fun weekend!  My throat better be 100% by Sunday...
GO CATS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, I was sick with a strep throat type thing when I was pregnent with Chris. I took antibiotics, apparently with no adverse reaction (unless that has something to do with Chris's "10 year old boy behavior" at the pool). Hope you're feeling much better today!