Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Daze

A rough night for Riess and me last night... we got a little sicky, but I think it was something bad I ate. I'm feeling better today, but still suffering from a bad headache. I'm working nights this week so I got to sleep in today (and work until midnight instead).
Today Chris and I went to the pool with Chris and Jennifer Mayer. I love the pool, but Chris LOVES the pool. He is a 10-year-old boy when he's there. He's doing flips off the diving boards and exchanging tips with all the kids in line about the best dives. It's truly hilarious. Jennifer and I are just glad the boys have each other to jump off the boards, conduct sprint races and underwater hold-your-breath contests. It means Jennifer and I can chat and read our magazines like normal adults. Chris, nearing his 30th birthday mind you, will definitely be sore tomorrow.
We also ran into a friend of a friend who had a little girl last November, so we got a little sneak peak at what our baby Riess will be like this time NEXT summer! Can't wait to take HER to the pool. Now THAT will be fun for both of us. I can play in the pool with that little one!
On another note, my mom's little one, Rizzo, is back at home and doing much better now. The doctors think a new heart medication she was on was causing her sickness. Now she's off that medicine and apparently feeling much better. Aunt Rizzo just must make it long enough to meet baby Riess. I'm sure she will. For those of you who know Rizzo, she's a fighter! For my mom's sake, let's hope she's around a long long time...
No new pics this time -sorry! I'll take some this weekend as the belly is progressing (whoa)... and the nursery is actually getting underway.

No comments: