Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthing Class

Last night, Chris and I attended our first "birthing class".  It's a series of four classes over four weeks.  Chris has arranged his schedule to be home on Mondays to attend.
Our first class was more of a classroom setting... where we learned all about the anatomy of birth, terms, etc.  
And YES, we did watch a very graphic birthing video.  I teared up.  Chris said he stared at the woman's head in front of him the entire time so he didn't have to watch.  Hmmmm... signs of what's to come?
Of course, after class he said, "Man, I could've taught that class!  I already knew everything they said..."
I guess he forgot about the part where he leaned over to me to ask, "What does breech mean?"
Anyway, it was a learning experience.  I'm sure our next three classes will be even more informative.  
I know we have plenty to learn!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, poor Chris!!! I repeat, whatever you do, DO NOT WATCH ANY EPIDURAL VIDEOS!!!!!!!!

Love you, miss you guys.
Courtney

G-Mamma Jane said...

Don't worry, you all will be in good company. None of us knew what we were doing either and look now! You think I'm a good mother!

Love,
G-Momma Jane